Cookies are small computer files consisting of a small amount of information sent by a website and stored in the user’s browser, and therefore on the storage disk of the device, in such a way that the website can consult the previous activity of the user’s browser. They are associated anonymously and do not have the capacity to read the rest of the data stored on the electronic device’s disk.
As a control mechanism, the user has the possibility to configure the browser to be notified of the reception of cookies on the computer, although the ZER Baix Camp Sud is not responsible if deactivating the reception prevents the correct operation of the page.
- Typology, purpose and operation
Depending on their permanence, two types of cookies can be distinguished: session cookies and permanent cookies. The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The seconds expire when the objective for which they are used is fulfilled or when they are deleted manually.
In addition, depending on their purpose, cookies can be classified as follows:
- a) Strictly necessary (technical): these are essential for the proper functioning of the page. They are usually generated when the user accesses or logs in to the website and are used to identify the website with the following objectives:
– They keep the user identified in such a way that, if he leaves the website, the browser or the device and returns to the same website at another time, he will remain identified, thus facilitating his navigation without having to go back to identify.
– Check if the user is authorized to access certain services or areas of the website.
- b) Performance: They are used to improve the browsing experience and optimize the operation of the website, such as, for example, storing service configurations, or storing the purchase made in a shopping cart.
- c) Advertising: These are those that collect information about the advertisements shown to the website user. They can be of two types:
Anonymous: They only collect information about the advertising spaces shown on the website, regardless of the user who accesses the website, that is to say, without expressly identifying them.
Personalized: They collect personal information from the website user by a third part, for the personalization of these advertising spaces.
- d) Geolocation: These cookies are used to find out which country or region the user is in when accessing a website service in order to offer them content or services appropriate to their location.
- e) Analytics: They collect information about the user’s browsing experience on the website, usually anonymously, although sometimes they also allow the user to be uniquely and unequivocally identified in order to obtain reports on the interests of the user in the services offered by the website.
- Cookies used on the website
Below is a table with the cookies used on this website, incorporating a “level of intrusiveness” criterion based on a scale from 1 to 3, in which:
Nivell 1: Cookies estrictament necessàries per a la prestació del mateix servei sol·licitat per l’usuari.
Nivell 2: Cookies de rendiment (anònimes) necessàries per al manteniment de continguts i navegació, de les que només cal informar sobre la seva existència.
Nivell 3: Cookies gestionades per tercers que permeten el seguiment de l’usuari a través d’altres webs que no són del titular d’aquest web. Normalment es corresponen amb cookies de publicitat o analítiques on s’identifica l’usuari de manera única i evident.